Canada is already home to hundreds of thousands of Indian migrants. People settle in Canada after moving there to pursue higher education or quality employment opportunities. On the other hand, Canada is also reeling under the aftermath of the pandemic. Resultantly, the government of Canada is offering RNIP (Rural and Northern Immigration Program) to cope up with the ever-increasing demand for a foreign skilled workforce. RNIP is a part of that initiative to bring in skilled people from abroad to provide a boost to the local economy.
RNIP is a community-driven program through which foreign workers can get a Canadian PR. There are 11 communities that are a part of this unique program. These communities are located in the Ontario, Manitoba, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Alberta provinces. While the overall requirements for this program are similar, there could be some additional requirements or qualifications needed for particular communities.
Following are the requirements for the RNIP:
- 1 year work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in last 3 years in NOC (National Occupation Qualification) 0,1,2 or 3.
- It could be in full-time or part-time and with 1 employer or more.
- Unpaid, self-employed or volunteering hours don’t count.
- If you are an international student or Master’s student, you are exempt from work experience criteria.
- Language requirements – CLB 4 for NOC 4&5, CLB 5 for NOC 2&3 and CLB 6 for NOC 0&1.
- Educational requirements include either a Canadian Educational Certificate, Diploma or Degree or,
- An ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) report if you have an international educational qualification.
- Enough proof of funds via Bank Statements, Property Documents, or other documents.
- For one person, you need to show $2,290 CAD in your bank account.
- For 2, 3 and 4 additional persons with you, this amounts becomes $2,851, $3,505 and $4,256 CAD respectively.
- This goes on increasing with more number of family members.
- You need to find eligible jobs in these communities.
- This job must be full-time, non-seasonal and permanent meeting minimum wages for your NOC.
- This job can’t be from a consulate, staffing or employment agency, a business that you or your spouse owns, or in a business offering striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massage on a regular basis.
- After you get a job offer, you can submit your application for recommendation to the community.
- If the community recommends you, you can apply for permanent residence.
- Each community will have its own addition requirements.
- Based on the merit, the communities will recommend candidates further for PR to IRCC for the final decision.
- If everything works out, you will be eligible to get the Canadian PR.
Rudraksh Group in Mohali is a pioneer in overseas migration. The professional staff at the institute keeps an eye out on all the changes to the foreign migration policies of various countries. In this way, when the opportunity presents itself, you could grab the chance with both hands.
The expert staff at Rudraksh Immigration Group will prepare you well for the visa application process. This includes documentation, visa filing, visa interview preparation and much more. If you would like to discuss your case in detail, make sure to visit the office of Rudraksh Immigration Group in Mohali.